Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
In this sermon, we learn the counterintuitive way of the gospel. We find that Christians are able to celebrate their weakness and their seasons of waiting as occasions for God to display his grace.
- What is the normal thing that people boast about? Why?
- What are Christians supposed to boast about?
- Why is weakness an advantage in Christianity?
- How can this idea encourage people? Explain.
- In what ways have you struggled with dependence on God? (where are you prone to rely on your own strength or the strength of others?)