A song of ascents.
1 Those who trust in the Lord are like Mount Zion,
which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
so the Lord surrounds his people
both now and forevermore.
3 The scepter of the wicked will not remain
over the land allotted to the righteous,
for then the righteous might use
their hands to do evil.
4 Lord, do good to those who are good,
to those who are upright in heart.
5 But those who turn to crooked ways
the Lord will banish with the evildoers.
Peace be on Israel.
- What is the significance of Mount Zion?
- How does it point to something greater?
- In the middle of turmoil and chaos, how is it good news that God’s presence is with us?
- What is God calling us to as we ponder what He has for us in 2022?
- How can we have hope amidst circumstances that don’t align with our preference?
- What ought to be a defining characteristic of the people of God in such seasons?
- What might it look like for you to more fully trust God with what He has in store for you in the new year?
To view a downloadable version of these discussion questions, please click the button below.