Matthew 5:1-2; 7:28-29
Matthew 5:1-2 When Jesus saw the crowds, he went up on a mountainside and sat down. His disciples came to him, and he began to teach them.
Matthew 7: 28-29 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, because he taught as one who had authority, and not as their teachers of the law.
The Sermon on the Mount is an incredible teaching that helps us recognize the priorities of the Kingdom of Heaven. In this sermon, Cory introduces us to the teaching by offering an overview of the content, an introduction to the kingdom theme, and a call to be radically different.
- Why does Jesus teach people?
- What do we lack that Jesus offers in His teachings?
- What is the main theme throughout the Sermon on the Mount?
- To what is Jesus inviting people?
- How is the Kingdom of God different from this world?
- How are believers to reflect these differences?
- How can we possibly live in this way?
- In what way(s), is the Lord calling you to look to Him in 2022?
To view a downloadable version of these discussion questions, please click the button below.